Saturday, May 23, 2009

Might As Well Laugh About It Now by Marie Osmond


Might As Well Laugh About It by Marie Osmond

Last Saturday, when our oldest daughter Mary was visiting us, she asked if I'd read Marie's book and I said no, that our library had it and would read it. She said she would leave it for me to read, as she'd just bought it and knew I'd have it read before she could, as she was reading my Donny Autobiography. When I got up the next morning to read my e-mail, Marie's NEW book was sitting on top of my other books!!!! I had no idea she had a new book out!!! After starting this book, I'd read two VERY negative comments about this book on Goodreads and after finishiung the book earlier today, found nothing negative that Marie had said that this one young lady had purported Marie as saying.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed Marie's introspective looks into her life and how she laughs at life's little foibles. Marie looks at life the way I do, always looking at the good in everything and everyone. Marie shares her outlook on how she handled her passing out on Dancing With The Stars, her house fire, her managing her hectic life being a mother of 8 children, how much she loves her children, the devastation she felt at losing her parents, her divorce and her battle with Bulimia. If you want to read how Marie uses laughter to get through life's biggest struggles, do yourself a favor and pick this delightful and poignant book up. You'll be glad you did.

Forever Friends Rating 5 Stars by Teri
Until Next Time, See You Around The Book Nook

Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Pub. Date: April 2009
ISBN-13: 9780451226389
305pp

No comments: