Monday, March 26, 2012

Chemo: Secrets To Thriving: From someone who's been there: written by Roxanne Brown in collaboration with Barbara Mastej and John S. Link, M.D.

Chemo: Secrets to Thriving: From someone who's been there: written by Roxanne Brown in collaboration with Barbara Mastej and John S. Link, M.D.


When I was finishing with my Iron Infusion Friday, March 16, in preparation for my new regime of Chemo due to the new diagnosis of Hodgkins Lymphoma instead of the Non-Hodgkins I'd had previously four times, I noticed this little book laying on the counter at the nurses station. I jotted down the authors names, title,and publisher and came home to write to the publisher to request a review copy. Within days, my copy was here.
This little gem is the perfect companion for anyone going through Chemo or is getting ready to start this scary journey. This journey need not be scary if equipped with the proper tools and a positive attitude. This book has all the tools to help you get through this journey.
Since Roxanne has gone through all thed highs and lows, such as losing our hair, maybe getting nauseous, constipated, diahrrea, hiccups, burping,etc, this book has remedies for everything Chemo-related. There's even support groups and places to buy wigs, hats, turbans, scarves and even sleep covers for a cold bald head. I have been able to get wigs and hats at my Cancer Center that have been donated. There are lots of resources out there, as Roxanne mentions. This book should be with you whenever you go anywhere.
Also, if you like to blog, it's easy to set one up like I plan on doing. I've always wanted to have a personal blog aside from my book blog.
As Roxanne's Chemo friend Suzanne said. “The Koru symbol is KEY to the entire book. It offers hope, meaning, and something to strive for and understand as you take the step by step journey through Chemo, come out on the other side, and embrace the quest for new life, renewal, strength, love and more.”
My Chemo Nurse Nancy is related to Roxanne,by the way. Her son is married to her niece.

I received my Review Copy from the publisher.
?Publisher: NorLights Press
Date Published: Aug 2011
ISBN: 978-1-935254-53-9
86pp

No comments: