Sunday, December 30, 2012

SHAKING DOWN SANTA by SUSAN LAW CORPANY





This was my first time of reading a book on my newly downloaded Kindle For PC and I like it much better than scrolling down a PDF file.

Lauren Baylor is a recent widow who lost her Army Husband in Afghanistan, leaving her to raise two small boys, Dirk, almost 5 and Brett, almost 3.  To help the boys to adjust to their dad's death, Lauren buys Half-Daddys to position around the house, with one in the car. 

Lauren gets attention from two Santa's, who come bearing gifts and she's wary over each, especially with her being vulnerable, being a new widow.  Bryan is the local police officer who is suscpicious of Lloyd Owens, a new guy in town, a divorced man with two young daughters.

Lloyd, who moves in with his married step-sister, interested in Lauren, becomes her handyman.  When a home invasion occurs, Bryan becomes a suspect, so when a lipstick becomes    part of the evidence, Bryan's sister investigates on her own to bring "bad Santa" to justice.

Susan is so adept at combining humor and suspense, with a bit of romance tied in to make this an excellent read  for the Christmas holidays. 

I bought my Kindle For PC off Amazon after Susan sent me an e-mail, telling me about it, saying it had just come out.

I give this book 5 stars.

Publisher:  CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Date Published: December 18, 2012
ISBN: 978-1-4811-2510-9
208pp

No comments: