Thursday, December 27, 2012

PINGO AND THE PLAYGROUND BULLY by BRANDON MULL and illustrated by BRANDON DORMAN




I've never read any of the Fablehaven se ries, but I can now safely say I've read one of his books.  I know I would enjoy his Fablehaven books, as I devoured the Harry Potter books.  But, i'm not into Fantasy as a general rule, but have     read two of the Narnia books and loved The Lord of The Rings films.

Anywy, Pingo is Chad's imaginary friend and all the kids on the playground have imaginary friends as well.  jeremy is the playground b ully and his imaginary friend is Grunt.  The kids decide to have a competition with their imaginary friends to see which is the best.  At the end of the competetion, they find each excels at something, that Pingo is second in everything, but Pingo explains that each of them is good at something and those differences make them all friends. 

I give this book 5 stars.
I received this ARC from Dave Kimball at Deseret.  I plan on giving Pingo to my grandson Gary on Sat.

Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Date Published:  June 2012
ISBN: 978-1-60907-178-3
28pp

No comments: